Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Songs are Thine, Lord Jesus!

1 My songs are Thine, Lord Jesus --
Thy rich, free, sovereign grace
Awakes, and never ceases
To stir my lips to praise!
My glad heart's meditation
Of Thee is ever sweet --
Who can so great salvation
Extol in measures meet?

2 My songs are Thine, Lord Jesus:
What higher theme of praise
Is there that charms or pleases,
A sinner's heart might raise?
So altogether lovely,
Eternal Son of God,
Thou, sinless, in our nature
Redeemed me by Thy Blood!

3 My songs are Thine, Lord Jesus!
None other name compares
With Thine, my heart who eases,
And all my burden bears:
O Alpha and Omega,
Emmanuel, Christ, the Word,
My Shepherd, Bridegroom, Kinsman,
Thou art my God, my Lord!

4 All songs be Thine, Lord Jesus!
Thy praise the world shall tell --
Thy kingdom yet increases,
A nd storms the gates of hell,
Releasing untold numbers
With Gospel liberty
To celebrate the wonders
Of Thy captivity.

5 Jehovah, my Salvation,
Is all my Strength and Song --
All praise and adoration
To Him along belong:
To Father, Son, and Spirit,
Most Blessed Trinity,
Be honour might and merit
To all eternity!

-- JPB, 22 July 2004. 7.6.7.6D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home