Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Where Shall I Find the Holy Child

1 Where shall I find the Holy Child
Born of the Virgin blest,
Who comes to earth in mercy mild
To bring us heaven's rest?
2 Where may I see the infant King,
Whose long-awaited birth
Bids heaven's host all join to sing
"Praise God for peace on earth!"
3 The night reveals no beaming star
To guide my doubting feet:
No anxious Magi from afar
In search of Him I meet!
4 Through princes' palaces I look,
But cannot find Him there:
Proud scholars cite the sacred Book
But do not for Him care.
5 Yet may I find Him in the place
To which the Scriptures lead;
And from His fulness, grace on grace
Receive, in all my need.
6 I trace the path which once He trod
From manger to the Tree,
Where by His merits and His Blood
He bought redemption free.
7 Beyond the Tomb whence He arose
I seek the Throne of grace
Where He shall bring the saints He chose
And see them face to face.
8 O glorious Dayspring from on high,
O Sun of righteousness,
Shine in my heart, to draw me nigh
With Thy salvation bless!
9 According to His promised Word,
When days on earth shall cease,
I shall, still trusting Christ the Lord,
To heaven depart in peace!
-- JPB 19 December 2006 C.M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home