Wednesday, March 21, 2007

As the Morning Light is Dawning

1 As the morning light is dawning,
As the shadows flee away,
I can hear the Master calling
To the secret place, to pray:
As I enter in the stillness

And behind me shut the door,
My Lord Jesus from the fulness
Of His grace gives more and more.


2 When my burdened heart is bearing
Sorrow, bitterness and pain,
Or the tempter comes, ensnaring
Me to fall in sin again,
I find refuge, pardon, mercy
As I call on Jesu's Name:
He'll not fail me, nor forsake me!

He'll not put my soul to shame!


3 In the day's long, weary hours,
Filled with toil and anxious care,
I receive the Spirit's power
As I raise my heart in prayer,
For my great High Priest is pleading,
There amid the shining host,
For the help my soul is needing --
Saving to the uttermost!


4 When the sun has set at evening
And my work at last is done,
Once again I kneel, believing
On the Name of God's dear Son:
And I pray our heavenly Father
For His sake will safely keep
All who in my household slumber
Through the hours of darkness deep.

5 Every morning, every evening,
Through the hours of every day,
Saviour, keep me ever heeding
Thine own Word, to watch and pray:
Till at last I stand before Thee,
Faultless at the throne of grace,
And behold Thee in Thy glory,
Safe in heaven, face to face!

Tune: In the Rifted Rock I'm Hiding
-- JPBodner, Wednesday 7 March 2007 8.7.8.7.D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home